Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Realization


No matter how many times I am asked if Izy is walking yet, I always struggle with answer. First thing that comes to my head is, “really again?” followed by a simple reply of “no she doesn’t walk” to which 9 times out of 10 is followed up by a “oh, she will soon”. From here I have a few options, depending on how awkward I want to make the situation. I can either follow it up with a nice, “yeah, hopefully” or the more brute “no, she probably never will” the latter gets an interesting response every time. I really do not feel any hostility towards the poser of this question. It is only that, most the time I feel as if Izy is so normal and this question reminds me she is not. This realization comes to me at different times and usually is followed by various stages of grief. Sometimes these stages last the week or repeat themselves throughout the day. I don’t see Izy any different just our life. I use to daydream of hiking to half dome with her, now I am researching off road tiers for wheelchairs. We will still make life happen it will just happen differently.
We have a series of appointments in the upcoming month. The most important ones will tell us how strong her breathing is and hopefully get her a specialized walker to help give her some independence. She will be very thrilled to be able to move on her own. She gets so frustrated as is, and constantly wants help to walk around the house. This is wonderful that she is working hard and eager to do her exercises but exhausting for everyone else. This walker is just what she needs. I am hoping that we can get it soon!
Along with these appointments in the following weeks we will be having a birthday party!!!!! Isabella is super excited for her “jumper and presents, happy birthday bell” as she says. I am really excited to see how our first fundraiser turns out. I am continually amazed at the loving support we keep receiving. I am looking forward to these fall months and finding out more about what is to come for Isabella.

No comments:

Post a Comment